Friday, February 7, 2020

Big Wind... Big News!

It's Friday, and I thought I wouldn't have time to blog, but then this happened, and I decided to go for it anyway.

It's Poetry Friday, this week hosted by Laura Purdy Salas at LauraSalas.com.  Join the poetry crawl!


Yesterday I posted a picture of this tree, and mentioned the wasp nest on the lower right.

Today

A big wind
Hit town
Wasp nest
Blew down

© Karen Eastlund


The end... haha...

Grandkids coming, got work to do. Hope you all have a good week!  




7 comments:

  1. Great photos! I love seeing the close up of the nest without the worry of wasps :-) Have fun with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bit of observation, poetry, commentary. Poems don't have to be hours of aching struggle and solitude. Sometimes they are this simple and natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Just as I posted today, poets look out their windows to find poetry! Have a great time with the grandkids, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! Lucky you. A couple of years ago, I opened my patio container and a group of hornets or wasps came at me. Two stung me. I was lucky though. I hope you had fun with your grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Carol, we did have a good time with the grands. So... it turns out that wasp nests like this are only used for one season. All the wasps die in November, except for the new queen who goes underground for the winter, and starts a new nest in the spring. So... no wasps to worry about. Lucky me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mistake ... it is a hornet nest, not a wasp nest. The rest of the above response is correct... I think!

      Delete