Friday, October 11, 2019

The woods...


It's Poetry Friday, and I have a poem to share with you.


I love to walk in the woods in autumn, collecting the best leaves, soaking in the beauty.


One of my walks inspired this poem, written a few years ago when my grands were so small.
I hope you will enjoy it...

Autumn Hues

The woods are spattered with color today
Rich butter yellow
Drips from the limbs overhead
And the red!
And the purple
The bronzes
The pinks...
All exquisite!
I wish I could visit
Each hue on my way
I wish this beauty could stay

But these woods have a way
Of blushing one day
Then folding their awning
'Til May.

© Karen Eastlund




The Poetry Friday RoundUp is at Catherine's today, find it at

Happy autumn to you. May your days be cool and your leaves be bright. 



10 comments:

  1. I love it all! The poem, the pics, the season... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Karen. I really love the ending especially, that "folding their Autumn 'til May".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is a glorious season, and your poem captures that beauty. I especially love these lines:
    Of blushing one day
    Then folding their awning
    'Til May.

    Perfect. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that folding awning! What a wonderful ending. I also love all those dripping colors. Walking in the woods in the fall is an amazing sensory treat. To enjoy it with grandchildren must make it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking! The autumn woods beckon to me too, Karen, and yesterday I answered the call. Strolling through a cathedral of colors left me in a state of wow and awe the rest of the day. I love 'spattered with color' and your ending is beauty-full, Thank you for this wonder-full poem.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ending! Autumn's blush doesn't last long, but I love it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the awning image, and your photo is precious!

    ReplyDelete