Friday, December 24, 2021

A Quiet Christmas



Almost Christmas, I'm late to the party, but thought I would make a mad dash and add this anyway.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, ours will be a quiet Christmas, but we'll celebrate later, no worries. Here's a little bit of our quiet Christmas. 


This lovely porcelain dome, lit by candle, depicts a detailed and beautiful Christmas scene. 


I decided to try a cubed poem for Christmas:

Angels sing:
Glory! A
Blessed babe!!!

Shepherds too
Worship the
Holy One

While starshine
Splinters the
dark... truly!

Karen Eastlund


Many thanks to Buffy Silverman for hosting on this holiday Friday. You will find a lovely poem from our winter poetry poetry swap, as well as Buffy's beautiful tree poem at her site: buffysilverman.com



My best to you all for a merry, happy, healthy and kind holiday.

Karen



4 comments:

  1. Karen, we celebrate Christmas right up to The Feast of the Epiphany, Little Christmas. Your Christmas may be quiet but you will plenty of time to celebrate with others. I enjoyed your tricube, especially the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you. I also loved the image in your last stanza. I'm having a quiet Christmas, too. I hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never too late to add your "starshine" to the party, Karen. All the best to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and a Happy Boxing Day, too!

    ReplyDelete