Thursday, July 7, 2022

Three Tiny Poems

 Hello All:

I hope your 4th of July was as fun and relaxing as mine. We had a few folks over, grilled brats, played corn hole, made s'mores, had a fire in the fire pit and lit a few sparklers. Woohoo!

I'm getting ready for a busy week. One granddaughter will be visiting and helping me with crafts at our church Vacation Bible School.  It's a fun challenge and my main concern is energy level. Beam me up some extra energy, okay?

I ran into some old acrostics I had written in the margins of a sudoku, and thought I would share since it's that time of year when we like to have meals outdoors.  


My granddaughters' tea party


ANT

 Always a
     Nuisance at
Tea time

-KE

A short acrostic is as far as I can get at the moment.  Haha.  But... here's another...

FLY

Forget about
          Lolling lazily in the
           Yard...a fly will bite!

 - KE

Oh... and this one sprang to mind also:

Fly

Fascinating eyes but
 Lousy table manners,
You must shoo it out!

--KE

 Well, that's it folks. I wish you all some good outdoor time without the bother of these two pests.  I have had few bugs this year, but poison ivy has found me twice. It loves me, but I keep treatments on hand so it doesn't last long.



Yes, it is Poetry Friday, hosted this week by Jan at Book Seed Studio.  You are invited!!! Thanks, Jan.






8 comments:

  1. Oh, love that gorgeous tea party, Karen! Hope they were not "shooing" too many flies with tea & cake! We have mosquitos even when it's so dry! I have to wear the repellent! Your 4th sounds just like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, It sounds like you are enjoying your summer! Thanks for sharing your acrostic poetry. It's one of my favorite kinds of poetry to write with young children! My garden club kids always came up with some good ones. I think the sijo poem is beyond me as well... (sigh) but I might see if I can get a copy of the book that Jan featured to try and emulate some. I just read last night that emulation is a way to become better at a specific type of poetry. I'm going to give it a try! Have lots of fun this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "lousy table manners" made me laugh out loud! You packed a lot into some itty bitty acrostics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the brevity and voice of those acrostics, Karen! Beaming you some energy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These acrostics really capture a summery feel - great reminders that we share our spaces with insects! These lines made me laugh:
    "Fascinating eyes but
    Lousy table manners,"

    A perfect way to describe a fly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't bug you with an insect pun (!), I'll just say that your teeny tiny acrostics are brilliant and capture their teeny tiny subjects in a most humane way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, first of all I want to comment on the lovely tea party you had for your sweet grandgirls. I can't wait to host one for mine. Your acrostics are humorous and so true. I bought Insect DynaTraps to keep them away outdoors but the indoor one does not seem to have the same effect.

    ReplyDelete