Friday, April 15, 2022

Disarray!

 Hello friends... just to let you know that my house will be in a state of confusion for a while as we are having renovations done.  We have been needing to get this work done, and I am pleased that it is finally going to happen. Who cares if there is hubbub and mess in the process?


Right now I'm taking a break from packing up books... a big job. My dear books!!! 


Anyway, I'll be following the rest of you when I can. I'm really very lucky to get all this work done, so it's just a matter of getting through it. 

How will we do this? Let me count the ways
First the depth and breadth and height 
Of the upper bath, the neediest of sites
Then insulation and paint all over the place

(Please forgive me Elizabeth B. Browning...)



It is National Poetry Month, as well as another Poetry Friday. Join the celebration at Matt's Radio, Rhythm & Rhyme  He has a wonderful interview with author Leslie Bulion. Thanks for hosting today, Matt! 




9 comments:

  1. I know how it feels, Karen - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there, too, Karen, but think of the hot bath when done! Best wishes for quick as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, we are in the midst of having an organizational system installed in the garage and next the attic and attic hallway will be finished with an HVAC system, drywall, flooring, etc. My granddaughter believes that the attic will be a playroom for her little sister and her. From the mouth of babes comes funny thoughts but there are some truth to her thoughts. Have fun packing up your books. I found a few more boxes in the attic and trying to find a home for them. I don't think my husband realizes the significance of children's picture books, especially signed ones. I understand the confusion of completing projects that are messy but the rewards outweigh the challenge. Keep on writing poetry. Your poem is a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will feel SO good when all the work is done and everything is back in its place. Until then, take care, pace yourself and take needed poetry breaks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect attitude to take into your project "We will get through this!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I love your poem! The "depth and breadth and height"...and paint all over the place. It made me laugh. All the best as you get through the renovations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to the packing (and unpacking!) of books, Karen! Your poem is perfect for embracing the chaos of a renovation project. (Browning would approve, especially if she ever had contractors rambling through her house... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck with the packing, renovations, and unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're keeping your sense of humor in the midst of such chaos! Ditties will get you through. :)

    ReplyDelete