Friday, January 3, 2020

One Little Word 2020


Spiritual Journey Thursday:  One Little Word

We used to be able to clean the house and get Thanksgiving dinner on the table in a couple of days. Now we start days ahead to make the side dishes to take to my son’s house. Energy levels change.

Patience!

I have a number of big projects that I want to work on this year, and it will take serious patience on my part to sit down and dig into them. At the same time, I want my projects to show my best efforts. I want the quilt I have promised to be orderly. Ditto the history project I have begun.  And the blog!

I will need to be patient.

In my attempt to find a word for this year, I considered “Purposeful” and  “Write” … both with the idea of cultivating a disciplined writing life. I like the idea, but I also know myself. I write when and what I can. 

I am working on patience.

I was looking for a poem or quote to exemplify this idea, and I came across this verse: 

Good fruit takes patience… Luke 8:15.

Patience is my word for 2020.

These beautiful cakes were served at a New Year's Eve wedding we just attended. It surely took great patience to make them, and they were indeed "good fruit."  


Best to you all for a wonderful, happy and healthy 2020.

7 comments:

  1. Patience is something I call upon daily. I've recently lost it with my cat. I have to breathe deeply and remember patience. It's a great word to cultivate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!
    It would a challenge to be patient enough to resist asking for 2nd on the cake :)
    Brava for all your To Do List & the wisdom to call upon Patience.
    Happy New Year, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pledge to be patient with myself and with everything and everyone. TALL order! But I will more than try.

    Cory
    Happy New Year, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Cory! Yes, patience is a tall order, and an ongoing challenge. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Oh, the words I noticed were "Energy levels change." I'm there too and it's hard to be patient with that. I admire your willingness to tackle patience this year. It's a challenging word. Enjoy your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patience is a such a great word that I often call upon, especially when I am in the stores (like just now). Good fruit takes patience, indeed, Karen. May the Lord give you many days when you practice patience so blessings come. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a year of patience!

    ReplyDelete