Hello Everyone... and welcome to August's Spiritual Journey Group. August brings the best gifts to the garden and farmer's markets.
Today I'm singing the praises of peaches. It's another good harvest of NJ peaches, and I promise you they are among the best. So far we've only had a few, but each one was luscious. We've been eating them by the bowl, with cream and cinnamon.
What I love about peaches
I love their color
rich rich golds
deep deep blushes
their glow
I love their shape
the way they fit in my hand
their plumpness
their curves
orbs
I love their skin
tender
fuzzy
stained
I love their teasing slipperiness
can you get me into the bowl before I slip away?
firm enough to hold shape
juicy
I love their flavor
tangy
sweet
beguiling
irresistible
I love peaches
Truly august blessings
-- Karen E
Thanks to Linda Mitchell for hosting us today. You MUST read her thankful list today... summer has so many blessings! Find her post HERE as well as links to others in the group.
Enjoy these last weeks of summer.
Karen, peaches are a summertime gift. peach pie...peach sundaes...peach mousse... There is nothing like biting into a soft juicy peach and having the juice dribble down your chin and through your fingers. Thanks for this peachy treat. Bob
ReplyDeleteAhhh, nothing beats the flavor and delight of fresh peaches! I once bought a book simply because I opened to wonderful peach poem (that was really about more than peaches) "Going for Peaches, Fredericksburg, Texas". I had a fresh peach smoothie yesterday!
ReplyDeleteKaren, I was in Maryland with the Inklings and saw fresh peaches on the tree! Love them! I wrote a poem over the weekend titled “We are all peaches” that I’ll likely share on my blog. Your post makes me want to get some peaches. Peach cobbler, anyone?
ReplyDeleteoooooh! Peaches off the tree are possibly my number one favorite fruit. There's something about how special a fresh peach is...but that teasing slipperiness makes me giggle. I go by the five second rule for sure when it comes to peaches! A beautiful tribute to how summer fills our spirits. Thank you, Karen.
ReplyDeleteKaren, the peaches in your poem are literally making my mouth water. Thank you for sharing. I have had some good peaches this summer. Maybe even some NJ ones last weekend, which I bought in Rehoboth Beach, DE. They were as you described! Perfection in a handful.
ReplyDeleteKaren, your poem is full of juicy tidbits that makes me happy I have one farm peach ready to eat this morning. I am feeling happy after reading your poem because it is a wonderful tribute to nature, a true August -chewy, swish-in-your-mouth love moment (as Ramona says-a glimmer moment).. May you send us more glimmer moments throughout the year. I always love reading your thoughts each month.
ReplyDeleteKaren, such joy in something so beautifully simple! Your reflection is a reminder to find prayer in the most elemental gifts.
ReplyDelete